Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8 LEOs shot, 4 Dead

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

8 LEOs shot, 4 Dead

Very bad day in NC:

Four officers are dead and four others are hurt after a Monday shooting in an east Charlotte neighborhood. Three members of the U.S. Marshals Task Force died in the shooting, according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Chief Johnny Jennings. Specifically, one of the officers killed was a deputy marshal with the U.S. Marshals Service, the marshals service said. Gov. Roy Cooper said the other two who died, identified as Samuel "Sam" Poloche and William "Alden" Elliot, were North Carolina Department of Adult Correction officers.

Jennings said three Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officers were shot, including one who was in critical condition at a hospital. That officer, later identified as Joshua Eyer, died from his injuries Monday night. Eight law enforcement officers were shot in total, Jennings said. There was also a fourth member of the U.S. Marshals Task Force who was shot, according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg police. Jennings said officers were attempting to serve a warrant Monday on a person for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon at a home near the 5000 block of Galway Drive. The deceased suspect, identified as 39-year-old Terry Clark Hughes, Jr., was wanted for possession of a firearm by a felon and felony flee to elude (two counts) out of Lincoln County, North Carolina.

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I never served a day as a Cop, so I don't know.

Isn't it smarter to just watch until the guy you want gets in a car and pulls back like he's about to leave the driveway before you spring the trap?

An Armed felon holed up in the suburbs, who seems anxious to shoot it out; is wrong on too many levels to mention.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    2 1/2 hours away, been pretty much the only thing on the news. My bro-in-law's family knows the family of one of the cops who died.

Still a lot of unconfirmed info coming out. Story is first LEO got shot, others rushed to his aid and tried to render care on the 'X' and were shot in the process. I do not know if they were trained in TECC (LE version of TCCC), but if so they totally screwed the pooch by not adhering to protocol.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Isn't it smarter to just watch until the guy you want gets in a car and pulls back like he's about to leave the driveway before you spring the trap?
    I wouldn't even want him in a car. But yeah... I ideally grabbing him in plain sight would be ideal. Nuts like this are going to shoot no matter what. I posted a video of some roach in Tucson a few years back. Surrounded by cops in a parking lot and still pulled a pistol. He soaked up 4 or 5 round from an m4 at like 2 feet from muzzle.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Press covers this, but if this was a J6 arrest, it would be all we hear about until the election.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    deleted
    Last edited by Averageman; 04-30-24 at 11:23.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I wouldn't even want him in a car. But yeah... I ideally grabbing him in plain sight would be ideal. Nuts like this are going to shoot no matter what. I posted a video of some roach in Tucson a few years back. Surrounded by cops in a parking lot and still pulled a pistol. He soaked up 4 or 5 round from an m4 at like 2 feet from muzzle.
    Yep… a well executed high-risk pedestrian takedown would be preferred with a guy like this.
    EATADIK.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    If the US Marshals are involved.... I'm guessing there's a little more to the story than just simple firearm possession, right....?
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    If the US Marshals are involved.... I'm guessing there's a little more to the story than just simple firearm possession, right....?
    I would think so.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Says in the OP the pos had fled to elude. I’m guessing that’s why US Marshalls got involved.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast