Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My rights amid the protest

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I draw the line at violence.
    Slap my truck as you go by, flip me the bird, yell at me until you're blue in the face.
    But don't play "Violence" with me. You can't touch me, you can't break my windows, you can't take my things, like wallet, keys etc.
    I draw the line at violence, because if you get between me and the exit and threaten my safety, it's on.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, you won't win me over by yelling at me, tearing up my stuff or threatening me. Provide me with good information, and I'll change a life long held opinion. These protesters may achieve short term goals, but in reality they hypocritically perpetuate the hate they so dislike.
    5 cans of bug spray.... gotta have one for the door pocket to lessen the chance of losing everything I have worked for just cause some asshole pissed me off....Of course, maybe upgrade from 6+1 in . 380.....
    Last edited by triggerjerk; 04-30-24 at 09:54.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
    Forgot about the pepper spray, though I've heard it can amount to assualt with a weapon if used prematurely..... Guess I'll get me some wasp spray. Sometimes people ask me what gun to get for SD. If they don't look like they'll train in, I usually tell them to get 4 cans of wasp spray. 1 ea for the night stand, the back of the toilet, the kitchen counter, and the coffee table..... Really!
    But... why? Wasp spray is only mildly irritating, since it was not designed for self-defense and the irritation is merely a side effect, but because it can still cause long term harm to a person due to the insecticide within, folks have still been charged with assault by the use of wasp spray (it is also quite literally a Federal offense to use it in a manner outside of its design as an insecticide, though the odds of you being charged Federally is extremely unlikely). It's literally a lose-lose, you're using a less effective deterrent that carry at least the same legal consequences, if not more profound ones.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 04-30-24 at 10:32.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I am under the impression that you can't run over the mob blocking the road? I am in a castle doctrine state, but I'd assume banging on the hood as opposed to a window would not count as forcibly trying to gain access to a vehicle I was legally occupying. As said above, get your ass to safety and worry about legalities later, but.....
    Not for nothing, but after all the BLM BS my state specifically passed a law whereby "protesters" physically blocking motorists and effectively taking them hostage, are fair game. It covers both criminal AND civil actions.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/22/us/ok...ers/index.html
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Duly noted. Have been mesmerized by the range, volume, ease of directing into eyes, relative cheap cost, and fantasized blinding to allow time for more consequential action..... And as a once certified pesticide applicator, I should have known of off label use!

So, what would I be charged with if I got stuck on or managed not to get my truck stuck on top of the bodies of those I believed were violent protesters threatening my life?

Feedback Score
    I just try to avoid at all cost, during 2020, they shut down my main way home, blocking the highway. I know the backroads well enough to go around, but it was about another 45 minutes to my commute. I guess I would go by the rule of thumb as mentioned above, get out of the situation as much as possible, use violence only after you are threatened. I don't see it going well for anyone either way.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Border Rat that returned to Indian Territory.
    Feedback Score
    I am under the impression that you can't run over the mob blocking the road? I am in a castle doctrine state, but I'd assume banging on the hood as opposed to a window would not count as forcibly trying to gain access to a vehicle I was legally occupying. As said above, get your ass to safety and worry about legalities later, but.....
    This is state dependent. Oklahoma there is a law that protects drivers if they are i fear of their lives or their livestock. This is the result of an incident in Tulsa a few years ago. Protestors blocked I44 and then tried to open up a stock trailer with a couple hundred thousand dollars of horses in the back. They did not prosecute this guy and changed the law right after that to protect drivers in fear of their lives. Now there are no protests on the highways hear. See how that works. Run over a few and they get the point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Not for nothing, but after all the BLM BS my state specifically passed a law whereby "protesters" physically blocking motorists and effectively taking them hostage, are fair game. It covers both criminal AND civil actions.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/22/us/ok...ers/index.html
    Kind of wonder if the Feds would stick their damn noses into the situation. It's not like they haven't done it before (the 1964 Civil Rights murders in MS, and the Rodney King case) when they don't like the outcome at the state/local level. "Violating civil rights" is their go-to charge for an end-around of results they don't like.

Caveat: before anyone says anything, I am NOT supporting what happened in MS nor the beating of Rodney King, just stating that the Feds will find a way to get involved if they want to.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Kind of wonder if the Feds would stick their damn noses into the situation. It's not like they haven't done it before (the 1964 Civil Rights murders in MS, and the Rodney King case) when they don't like the outcome at the state/local level. "Violating civil rights" is their go-to charge for an end-around of results they don't like.

Caveat: before anyone says anything, I am NOT supporting what happened in MS nor the beating of Rodney King, just stating that the Feds will find a way to get involved if they want to.
    Assuming my actions would be true and just, I'd be willing to take my chances with an Oklahoma jury.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Assuming my actions would be true and just, I'd be willing to take my chances with an Oklahoma jury.
    Definitely. Better than D.C.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast