Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My rights amid the protest

Feedback Score

My rights amid the protest

Live in a small college town. A decade or so ago, a baker's half dozen dressed in black reaper costumes, faces masked, to protest something. I unwittingly encountered them on the sidewalk. They kept stepping in front of me to stop me. I finally told them I was old and their dress/behavior had me in fear for my life and I would kill them in defense of my life. They let me pass. Maybe I got lucky in several ways, that time.....
    So, if I was walking and became entangled in a bigger protest, or was in my car and became surrounded by protesters, what would my legally defensible actions be to e&e the encounter?

Feedback Score
    To the best of my knowledge, there is no duty or requirement for a person to warn or advise another that he is in fear for his life.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LoboTBL View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, there is no duty or requirement for a person to warn or advise another that he is in fear for his life.
    I’m not an attorney but the OP did do a good job of deescalating the conflict.

Feedback Score
    The rule is the same as it's always been. Immediate egress and fight for your life, sort out the legal stuff later. Lawyer up immediately regardless of circumstance.

Feedback Score
    I am under the impression that you can't run over the mob blocking the road? I am in a castle doctrine state, but I'd assume banging on the hood as opposed to a window would not count as forcibly trying to gain access to a vehicle I was legally occupying. As said above, get your ass to safety and worry about legalities later, but.....

Feedback Score
    It’s all replaceable bodywork on a car until someone breaks a window, then it’s on like donkey Kong. I’m going to smile and wave and not try to agitate them, but I’m not gonna get pulled out of my car. Unfortunately, with so many of us living under sorrows, DAs, what the law and what is right won’t matter.

That YouTube website, Washington gun law, or something like that, I thought did some thing about this. Maybe the armed attorneys YouTube channel also did it?

I can’t imagine being Jewish, or having a relative being held hostage by the Hamas- holes, and then their minions here surround your car. Not saying it any kind of retribution kind of sense, but just from a psychological breakpoint.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If I were anywhere near protestors I would carry bear spray

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It depends on your location. That Army Sergeant in Austin had a rioter point an AK at him so he fired in self defense and killed him. The Soros DA took a dozen or so tries before he got him indicted and now that Sgt. is sitting in prison.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    It depends on your location. That Army Sergeant in Austin had a rioter point an AK at him so he fired in self defense and killed him. The Soros DA took a dozen or so tries before he got him indicted and now that Sgt. is sitting in prison.
    That SGT also posted stupid stuff on Facebook which they dug up and used against him. Shouldn't have had any impact on his guilt or innocence though. I'd think an appeal has got to be underway (?).

I will say this on an open internet forum: the possible legal consequences will not affect my actions in a riot situation whatsoever. I am NOT being pulled out of my vehicle by a crowd of heathens and getting a possibly deadly beat-down. It ain't happening. I'll deal with the legal crap later but I'll be alive and healthy.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Forgot about the pepper spray, though I've heard it can amount to assualt with a weapon if used prematurely..... Guess I'll get me some wasp spray. Sometimes people ask me what gun to get for SD. If they don't look like they'll train in, I usually tell them to get 4 cans of wasp spray. 1 ea for the night stand, the back of the toilet, the kitchen counter, and the coffee table..... Really!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast