Thread: Credit Card Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whalstib View Post
    Company/ website is Reverb. A musical instrument centric marketplace.

Shipped a 100% perfect checked out guitar effect pedal and upon arrival or shortly thereafter I suspect one of the switches developed a little click. Possibly damaged in shipping BUT buyer started a claim with "not as described" which I have to attempt to fight to get a damage claim. Buyer did this on purpose as a damaged in shipping he deals with it, getting the refund. If he just doesn't like it he has to ship back to me on his dime and it was ~$20 each way so he loses $40. This way I lose 100% plus shipping plus receive back an item the buyer most likely damaged.

How do I know buyer damaged? Well he got the pedal for $75 LESS than going rate! I then found and offered to pay the bulk of repairs, $75, which would cost him ~$25 and take 2 weeks. I'm traveling RV'er and can't get mail for a month yet he claims he doesn't want to wait 2 weeks for the repair and have it factory certified and 1 year warranty! He'll never get a better deal ever! It's no longer made in USA and this has all kinds of goodies you don't get in the china made current version..... Company says there is a VERY good chance a little pin that holds the lever has slipped and all you have to do is open up and slide pin over and it's fixed. Buyer would still get the $75 from me and a real score but he refuses to even try....leading me to believe he damaged it worse by a drop etc...

Reverb refuses to answer the question: "what it I get back and it's damaged more than buyer describes or missing parts?". Heck I'd entertain working it out and selling again once fixed as the problem is very simple

Researching this is a very common scam and most people bailing out on Reverb as they side with buyer no matter what 100% of the time.

Don't use Reverb!
    Don't know anything about the company but eBay-like operations typically have TOS and dispute resolution policies that Users must agree to. Unless the company is violating policies... it is what it is.

Just for giggles I googled Reverb reviews. Several sites on the Net with endless buyers and sellers pissing at the other, then blaming Reverb for their problems. Musicians... go figure. Good luck.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-27-24 at 12:24.

Feedback Score
    So....

It all worked out. Not if the card change did it but Reverb decided to pick up the tab. Buyer gets full refund and keeps the pedal and I keep the cash!

I do feel a degree of guilt but that's what Reverb gets for being so hard nosed. I was prepared to refund and accept the item back but just wanted to know what happens if it arrives with obvious damage the buyer committed...They could never answer that for me.

I'm confident the buyer damaged it as I shipped in original box with original packing and the nature of the damage would require a sharp impact which with perfect condition shipping box was impossible....Plus buyer claimed shipped "not as advertised" preventing me from a claim....instead of "damaged in shipping" which would have protected me and the buyer just the same.