Quote Originally Posted by Whalstib View Post
I'm having trouble getting a company to not have access to my credit card on file with them. I can't close my account with them online for some reason and have to send a request which they are ignoring so far.

I no longer trust them and decided to simply report the card lost so the number is now invalid. The actual account still open but I'll get a brand new card with brand new number etc.. It's actually a business core account card that I run my business from. This way I can give employees CCs and have all expenses land in one account. It's one of those cards.

Will this keep the company from charging me in the future for any cause? Bank says no way they can charge me and a good way to get recurring charges off your back when companies refuse to stop charging but I read some elsewhere they can so I thought maybe someone here had some insight.

As of now I do not owe the company any money and have no intention of dealing with them again...so I'm not trying to rip them off just get away from them making charge decisions in the future without my approval. I did read things like gym memberships CAN access the new cards so this doesn't work for all recurring paymants. This isn't one of those; just a card the company needs on file if you want to do business through them.

Thanks!
They will get access to the new card. If they won’t close your account you can reach out to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and file a complaint. I’d give that a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk