Thread: Who Had a Dad/Grandad That Shared Their Gun Hobby?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My dad and I were in and out of shooting at different/opposite times. We never were passionate about it at the same time. Probably saved us both money.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Funny thing is, my mom basically brought the gun culture to our family. She was raised in a family that had settled in rural Washington in the 1870's and had a long tradition of hunting to feed the family. My dad was born in Canada and learned to shoot in the Boy Scouts. They were city dwellers and really had no firearm. That part of the family moved to Southern California right around the Korean War and shooting was never part of their lives.

As a late teenager I worked for a guy that was a big gun guy. Lots of HK 91's and 93's, 1911's and High Powers. That's when I really got rolling on shooting and collecting firearms.

My 2 daughters, son and wife are all now shooters and they'll pass it on I imagine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    My dad and I were in and out of shooting at different/opposite times. We never were passionate about it at the same time. Probably saved us both money.
    No doubt.

My dad was a periodontist and did well with his practice…..I still fantasize about what we could have funded in the 70’s and 80’s if I could have gotten him on board with me. He’s 87 now and I don’t think he really believes me when I tell him what a transferable M3 grease gun goes for these days. Or an M2 carbine. They were practically giving that shit away…..plus the stamp of course. Hell, you could get an M16 for around $650 in the late 70’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk