Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Effect on POI when occluding red dot sights

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Just did a rough non-firing experiment from the house with an aiming point of a gable end 50 yards across the street. Took aim with the cap closed and my support hand ready to flip it open. Every time I flipped the cap open the dot was actually like 16 inches right of where I wanted it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I did same experiment. POI is expected 20moa to the right and 20moa low. Workable in short distance. Will help to place the reticle high left.

I probably won't use the technique. Cranking my lpvo down to 1x-2x will do better.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Coincidentally I've been messing with this and getting similar results to what I'm seeing here.

Big relief. I thought my eyes were too far apart.

Feedback Score
    You guys are dot focused. If you are target focused youll be on target, thats why you have to do it quick and not stare through the scope.

If you stare at the target, pull the gun up and shoot quick, youll be much closer

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The thing that I thought helped a decent amount was looking through the rear fixed iron app. Seemed to reduce the effect, but that method was ridiculously slow.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Just did a rough non-firing experiment from the house with an aiming point of a gable end 50 yards across the street. Took aim with the cap closed and my support hand ready to flip it open. Every time I flipped the cap open the dot was actually like 16 inches right of where I wanted it.
    One of us, one of us.
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    You have to be target focused.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123