Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One More AK Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    My experience with other side rail mounts on other AKM platforms was that the optic ended up sitting a bit too high for my liking. Certainly shootable but I really like my cheek down on the stock. So I was just avoiding them in general. If anyone made a railed top cover for the M70 that didn’t totally suck I’d be all over it.
    Here's the rear biased Yugo optic mount that's made by AK Master Mount. It sits as low as you can get without being on the rail. It's pretty much at a perfect height for me to get a good cheek weld for my ACOG. They also make a full length version if you want your optic to be more forward.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Here's the rear biased Yugo optic mount that's made by AK Master Mount. It sits as low as you can get without being on the rail. It's pretty much at a perfect height for me to get a good cheek weld for my ACOG. They also make a full length version if you want your optic to be more forward.

Hey Bret…..how do you like the M90? Decent accuracy? If I hadn’t already had lots of ammo and magazines for the 7.62 I’d probably have gone the M90 route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    It's accurate and reliable with very good fit and finish. The only negative is that it's heavy. I have several M90 variants.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There is a chance that the MRO could benefit from the very forward positioning with the ultimak. The MRO with its notorious parallax issues could have reduced problems the further from your eye.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    There is a chance that the MRO could benefit from the very forward positioning with the ultimak. The MRO with its notorious parallax issues could have reduced problems the further from your eye.
    I’ve never experience the parallax problems that so many seem to complain about. I own 5 MROs including one with a 14k serial number that I’ve been running since 2015. Maybe I’m really consistent with my cheek weld and head placement. Or maybe I’m lucky. No magnification issues either. Just the slight blue tint. Ive shot a lot of steel between 10 and 20 yards…..when I miss it’s all me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    I’ve never experience the parallax problems that so many seem to complain about. I own 5 MROs including one with a 14k serial number that I’ve been running since 2015. Maybe I’m really consistent with my cheek weld and head placement. Or maybe I’m lucky. No magnification issues either. Just the slight blue tint. Ive shot a lot of steel between 10 and 20 yards…..when I miss it’s all me.

10 to 200 yards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12