Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Contemplating a New Build, Receiver Sets?

Feedback Score
    You can purchase the Zev/Mega/SOLGW receivers for under $100 each under the Expo Arms brand name if you wait for a sale. I have purchased several and they are identical to my Mega receivers, including the super tight fitment between the upper and lower.

Feedback Score
    Ignore me. I was thinking Redacted.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    I snagged two of those and couldn’t see any blem.

One was fine but the other wouldn’t allow any empty magazine to seat even with the bolt locked to the rear on any lower I tried including Colt and LMT lowers.

Blem isn’t always cosmetic I guess.
    I think BCM nonblem products are good quality, but I figure anything advertised as a blem is a gamble. I'm happy with the one I got, but after hearing about problems like the one you got, I don't think I will buy another one. The one I got looks good and functions good, but I will say it was not a thermal fit. I've heard that BCM uppers are thermal fit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by e z money View Post
    I think BCM nonblem products are good quality, but I figure anything advertised as a blem is a gamble. I'm happy with the one I got, but after hearing about problems like the one you got, I don't think I will buy another one. The one I got looks good and functions good, but I will say it was not a thermal fit. I've heard that BCM uppers are thermal fit.
    They are definitely thermal fit. My bad upper was very tight (should have been an indicator) and still has my new FN middy barrel in it because I’m almost certain I will destroy the upper, barrel or both trying to get them apart.
    "Knowledge without experience is just information"--Mark Twain

Hindsight is 6920

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)

One was fine but the other wouldn’t allow any empty magazine to seat even with the bolt locked to the rear on any lower I tried including Colt and LMT lowers.

I had a BCM blem that would barely let mags lock in, regardless of lower. Makes me want to stick to the Vltor MUR for everything.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Aren’t the blem receivers noted as only being cosmetic and shouldn’t affect function? Did you reach out to them about this since it was affecting function?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    They are definitely thermal fit. My bad upper was very tight (should have been an indicator) and still has my new FN middy barrel in it because I’m almost certain I will destroy the upper, barrel or both trying to get them apart.
    I'm no fan of this thermal fit crapola for your exact reason.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Aren’t the blem receivers noted as only being cosmetic and shouldn’t affect function? Did you reach out to them about this since it was affecting function?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah the description says scratched/demo.

I didn’t bother contacting them because it’s a $50 receiver and I’m not worried about it.
    "Knowledge without experience is just information"--Mark Twain

Hindsight is 6920

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm no fan of this thermal fit crapola for your exact reason.
    Yeah after trying 3 of them I just don’t see the benefit aside from being a pain.

Feedback Score
    Yeah a tight interface between the barrel and the upper is just such a pain in the ass to deal with [/sarcasm] Do you guys even own a hair dryer or torch? It's not that hard at all. In fact its pretty freaking easy. And anything that tightens up that interface has an inherent accuracy advantage. Army Marksman team found this out decades ago and actually developed a process to take the slop out of that interference.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast