Thread: Do you enjoy the process of getting a new rifle?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I did something new with two new rifle purchases that I wanted for a long time: I ordered them complete with almost everything I wanted. Optic, stock, grips,sling,mags, even a case, soup to nuts, A to Z, “turn key set up”, etc. etc. In the past, as probably a lot of us do, I always just bought the base gun and added stuff as I had funds for things like optics, slings etc. It took a while to “complete” the particular rifle. This one time, I said “F… IT!!”! I had sold a bunch of non firearm stuff to fund the new purchases and realized at one point that I had more than enough for the guns themselves and for all the accessories to go with it. My LGS was pleasantly surprised when I added a ACOG, Vortex’s, Surefires, Magpul etc.etc. Both are Colts: an M5 (originally I wanted a 6920 but the new M5 filled my long term want!)along with a NOS 901 that a buddy had found for me. Taking them out to my car & heading home felt great! I spent every cent I had set aside for them and maybe a bit more but nothing that raised the concern with minister of finance (wife)! This big purchase should suffice for a while. I pretty much didn’t “need” either rifle but purchasing them the way I did was an awesome experience! Maybe a fully tricked Ruger PC 9 is in my future, we shall see…now where are those old Camaro rims that gotta go!

PS they both are accurate, reliable feel very comfortable to shoot!
    Last edited by GNXII; 03-28-24 at 21:38.