Thread: 9mm Non-dedicated Rig

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

9mm Non-dedicated Rig

So great results today at the range. Only one real hiccup, it didn’t like feeding the 124gr Gold Dot hollow points. The round failed to feed, and bent the ejector of the endomag a bit. I think if it was colder it would have broke (they’re plastic). After that it was strictly S&B 115gr RN and my 124 gr Missouri Bullet Company coated LRN reloads.

Definitely odd shooting 9mm out of a rifle….I was impressed at how quiet it was with the 16” barrel, just a bit louder than a .22LR with high velocity rounds.

I zeroed the cheap Vortex RDS at 25yds, and was surprised to see it have the same POA/POI at 100yds. So from there we moved to 200yds….a bit of a hold over but got some hits on an 10” steel swinger, more on the bigger steel deer silhouette. Hold over was around 24”

Then we thought why not try for 300yds? Never thought I would be sending 115s and 124s out to 300 and make hits. Granted, it was a life size buffalo steel silhouette. Hits were just barely audible, and I’d imagine the energy left in the bullet at that range would be similar to a Nerf gun at 20’.

Going forward, looking at getting a few more spare Endomags, because as some above mentioned, they will most likely fail at some point, not the most robust units. Not a big deal for a fun gun, this thing will save me from burning up my good 5.56, and still have all the same controls.

Next, upgrade RDS, probably throw a white light on there too. And of course, rattle can.
    Last edited by CrowCommand; 04-07-24 at 16:30.