Soon to be available, the Superior Hammer Install Tool. It's the you-know-what for installing AR hammers with less pain and finger strain. Just completing the pilot batch, watch for more info in the coming weeks. For the guy who does this once a year, this tool will not be worth it. For someone who's doing it daily or on a production basis it will be most welcome. I am not claiming this idea, it's a tool that's been used in the factory for years, it just was never made available, maybe because, as I have discovered, it's not cheap to make. When I put a final price on it it probably won't be under $100. But then I'm not making them so one can be given away free with every AR, it's about making it available to people who need it bad even if kinda spendy.

Machined from US-sourced aluminum, machined in the US on a by-God US-made CNC, and US-sourced everything else, including a couple extractor O-rings that retain a spacer on a punch that stows in the handle. To remove the hammer pin, take off the vinyl cap, remove the punch and reverse it. Now you have a little hand-push-punch for popping out the hammer pin. To reinstall the hammer, load it into the tool and use the tool handle to drop the hammer into the receiver. It's easy now to get the hammer positioned perfectly to insert the hammer pin. Get the pin all the way trough, wriggle and pull the tool out, done. I'll do a YT tutorial on it in the coming weeks.

I made some protos of this a year ago and honestly, got mostly lukewarm responses. Despite this, I'm convinced that a few people, manufacturers at least, will want them. So I finally got around to putting together a small batch, and-- it makes me feel kinda celebratory. Especially since Oberon Day is only a couple weeks away and I still have a few left over from last year's run:

https://bellsbeer.com/news/everythin...eron-day-2024/