Thread: Form 1 Approved in One Day!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The stars finally aligned today and I got to speak with Silencershop. The eForm 1's as individuals are indeed moving faster than eForm 1's to a trust. The individual route is taking an average of 8 days and the trust route is taking an average of 4 months. The ATF has told silencershop that the trust forms should start getting approved quicker and quicker; they may not ever be as fast as eForm 1's as individuals, but they will get much better than the current 4 month average.

I inquired about doing an individual eForm 1 to build an SBS, getting approved in 8 days, then transferring it to a trust later on. The lady at silncershop said you'd be fine, happy and legal early on and ultimately putting the item into a trust as I wish; just pay twice for the stamp. But, the transfer from individual to a trust would have to be on a paper form 4. Silencershop does not assist with that, so you'd be on your own to get finger prints, photos, LE sign off, the whole gammut. Additionally, she said, that paper form 4's are still taking up to a year. So even though you'd be legal soon, you still have to wait a year to get the item into a trust, and as already mentioned, pay another $200 .

So, I think the best way to put an item into a trust is to do the eForm 1 and wait a few months. According to SS and the ATF, the trust eForm 1 wait times could be, should be, getting better.
    Last edited by matemike; 04-16-24 at 00:58.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain