Thread: The civilian PDW, my Sig MPX Copperhead.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    If the targets are all under 25 yards then yes the duty pistol is probably faster if you are a good pistol shot. But if we start putting tatlrgets out at 50-100 yards you'd have to be a world class pistol shooter to outshoot me with a short stocked or braced PCC.
    I don't know if I agree with that. I can hit a 100 yard IPSC target without much issue, maybe 3 seconds from the draw with my concealment setup, and I'm hardly a world class shooter, just a lowly high C-class open USPSA, if we're doing just flat range stuff. I think a lot of folks have way too low an expectation with handguns.

If you're braced up against a barricade, sure, I can see it being faster with the Copperhead for follow-on shots, but that seems such an extraordinarily niche role to have, to sacrifice everything else with the Copperhead, when something just a smidge bigger can have a lot more capability. I can fit a whole LAW-folded 10.3" AR into a day pack (albeit it does look a little funky), while people are throwing Rattlers into laptop bags.

Not my pics, but a feller I know fits his MCX Rattler LT (6.75" barrel) into a 15 liter messenger bag.

An MPX K or CZ Evo K is like 14" folded. SIG's website says that the Copperhead is 11.8", probably slightly over 12" if you consider the folding mechanism of a stock. For 2" or 3", you get way more bang for buck, IMO, with much more usable rails, ability to mount a can, etc.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 03-02-24 at 20:22.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/