Thread: The civilian PDW, my Sig MPX Copperhead.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    So I've done the shooting under, around and over with a MP5K and a MP5K-PDW, I will take the "short, scrunched up" stock every time.
    Sure, I'll take a stock over no stock if we're talking about PDW sized weapons. But the comparison is handgun to tiny PCC with a super short stock, not tiny PCC with super short stock versus tiny PCC with no stock. In terms of shooting performance, anecdotally, we had a CBP AMO guy show up with a Glock 47 and an APC9K at a local competition; he did much better with his Glock than his APC9K. When we all coonfingered it afterwards, we all agreed that it kinda sucked to shoot, and that the pistol would typically be a better choice, outside of utilizing the APC9K's select fire capability. The AMO guy himself noted that he much preferred his MK18 over the APC9K in terms of just shooting mechanics, and was more than willing to take the hit on extra space the MK18 took in the cockpit.

As far as optics, when was the last time you put a Eo XPS2 on a handgun?
    If size is such an issue, I don't think an EOTech would be a viable option to begin with.

As far as barrels, I was discussing most PDW platforms, not this one specifically.
    As I've noted, my complaint isn't against PDWs in general, but the MPX Copperhead specifically. I explicitly named things like the MPX K to be fine.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 02-29-24 at 13:41.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/