Thread: Deputy unloads entire "gun clip" on car.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    "The other guy gets a vote." That dude did nothing wrong, even holding his gun, down, by his side, in a non-threatening manor. Should he, could he, have put it down first? OK, sure, maybe. Maybe--maybe--a lack of critical thinking, BUT in a stressful encounter.

But. But all the cop saw was a guy with a gun in his hand, and seemingly lacked the critical thinking skills to be able to triage the scene quickly to determine shoot/no shoot. Not everyone with a cut needs to have a full-on trauma resuscitation, there are a million other ways to mitigate the situation. The cop was 100% at fault.

Feedback Score
    Im confident the 2nd amendment advocacy groups will be all over this soon, right???

Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    Im confident the 2nd amendment advocacy groups will be all over this soon, right???

"I support the 2A, but not when a person possesses a firearm in their home especially after an le hears damning evidence of a crime in progress such as hearing from someone that someone else thought something was happening somewhere, but not really sure where it was happening at."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Pro tip, don’t have your gun in hand visible when opening the door for the cops.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    So don't have a firearm in hand during a home invasion until you determine the occupation if the party that kicked your door in?
    I'm not an operator, or an instructor, or any of that. However my Dad taught me at an early age that if someone is banging on my door in the middle of the night, or any time really, not to stand in front of the door and not to show my firearm.
    It had to do with minimizing my chances of getting shot by a criminal. Never thought it would be useful against cops until a deputy came banging on my door at midnight.

I was in my 20's, working out of town, staying in my travel trailer, and awoke in a drunken Jack Daniels fog. I didn't know it was a cop, I couldn't see outside, could have been anyone. I grabbed my chiefs special and cracked the door, saw the badge, and tossed the handgun behind me on the couch.
    Cocksucker served me a summons for a child support increase. At midnight. I said What the hell is wrong with you? He says You're never here. I say that's a fng lie, I'm here every day after 4 pm.

He was a stupid bastard, ex wife's a stupid bitch and her lawyer can go to hell for causing this. I was home every weekend and they knew this. I had my gun in my hand, his was holstered, if he'd have seen mine small town Barney might have pulled, I'd have shot him and would probably still be in prison today.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    "The other guy gets a vote." That dude did nothing wrong, even holding his gun, down, by his side, in a non-threatening manor. Should he, could he, have put it down first? OK, sure, maybe. Maybe--maybe--a lack of critical thinking, BUT in a stressful encounter.

But. But all the cop saw was a guy with a gun in his hand, and seemingly lacked the critical thinking skills to be able to triage the scene quickly to determine shoot/no shoot. Not everyone with a cut needs to have a full-on trauma resuscitation, there are a million other ways to mitigate the situation. The cop was 100% at fault.
    I can't disagree, and a tragic outcome, but as the cop, do you wait there on the X to find out the intent of the person with the gun while on a call like that? He responded on pure instinct and impulse, and is at fault, but not difficult to understand why/how it happened either. I read he was at the wrong apt, but he did go to the apt she told him to, 1401. Just a tragic event that could have been avoided had dude not answered door knowing LE was on the other side, and or, LEO perhaps jumped off the X and drew weapon, and gave commands to the dude with the gun to put it the F down. I do have some empathy for the LEO there, but ultimately, shoot/no shoot decisions are part of that job.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”