Thread: Ruger American Gen 2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Ruger American Gen 2

I have been wanting to get back into bolt action rifle shooting for a while now. I sold my last bolt action rifle a year ago, a Winchester 70 in 7MM Rem Mag. Since I don’t hunt anymore, and I don’t really want the kick from the bench.

I was thinking about a bunch of different calibers, but decided to start with a .223 due to cost, availability, and accuracy out to 300 yards. Also, this will be the rifle my grandson will jump to from a 22 long rifle. I’d been planning on a Ruger American for a while, and when the generation twos came out that sealed the deal. I ordered mine from Palmetto State Armory, and received it in less than a week to my, FFL. I picked it up today, and I have to say based on early impressions, it is much nicer than the earlier versions simply based on initial feel. I like the stock and the texture a lot. I like the heft and the balance. I know an optic may change that some, once I find the one I want. It’ll probably a $500 Vortex, just to get started. Mine is the standard version, with a 20 inch barrel. Barrel is threaded and has a compensator on the end. I like the bolt that has an adjustable knob that can be removed easily. I’m not sure if the Picatinny rails such a great idea, but it’s an easy button for a quick optic. Ceracoat seems decent. Really like the idea that it uses magpul AR magazines, and it came with a single 10 round magazine.

This is the rifle I bought. $679 delivered.

https://ruger.com/products/americanR...ets/46909.html

I probably won’t shoot it for a few weeks as I’m prepping for a trip next week, but I’ll respond when I get some rounds through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 02-03-24 at 07:33.