Well I fired it.

Worked fine. .38 & .357 reloads. New guns, used guns, top tier, lesser tier, and reliability is hit or miss.

However, as others experienced, it shoots very high even with the rear sight bottomed out. 4 inches at 15 yds with 125 gr and higher as you back up. 150 yd to 200 yd zero?

Didn't check group because I really need a rest to do that.

The best way to use it was putting the "stock" to my cheek, then pulling it back to my shoulder to work the action, then back to my cheek to shoot.

A stock, and optic or at least better sights, would be great. So would a threaded barrel & suppressor.

Or, just buy the full-size threaded 16 in rifle, put up with the 4 inches of extra barrel, and enjoy the extra capacity.

But with my luck the rifle would be a POS. And longer OAL with no folding or quick takedown for storage & transport.

Also, I don't like the little loading gate. I've got to poke the last round I load with a finger tip all the way so the gate closes. This would be easier with a bigger gate. (.44, .45)

Recoil? What recoil? .357 has a little but it's still mild, shoot all day recoil. Very little blast, either. Not like a .357 revolver at all.

If I had a lever gun for fun think .44 Russian would be a winner. But of course nobody makes that. 2nd choice .44 Special but I'm not sure how well .44 mag guns eat that.

Probably not going to keep it.