Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense brings back the Hudson H9

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    It's not just that. Marty Daniels, in congressional testimony, said he would not support the abolition of the ATF. Also, following Uvalde and one of his rifles being used in the shooting, he pulled DD out of NRAAM because of pressure from leftist shills. He kowtowed to the gun control lobby.

Daniel Defense is the hero that lived long enough to become the villain.
    The issue as I see it with DD is that they try to straddle both the civilian and the contract market, I'm sure Marty Daniels firmly believes everyone has a right to an AR15, but I also know that he wants those government contracts for Barrels and Rails, so he seems to aim to please both and to his detriment, pleases no one.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    I was always sort of turned off by the weird low-slung rail on the H9. The basic concept striker wonder nine with a 1911 trigger is clearly awesome so I will probably buy one of these after the first 8 months or so of production.
    Definitely wise to wait for some feedback on this one. The rail? I could care less, I'd never use it. But the lighter frame puts this one much further onto the back burner for me. If somehow the lighter gun is actually a better thing, I may take a look again in the summer.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah. Good question. I mean... of course the pistol will have the DD premium price tag, but there's not gas port for them to over ream by .010"
    C'Mon, man! That's ancient history!
    Joe Marler
    Law Enforcement Sales Manager

jmarler@danieldefense.com
    www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Marler5811 View Post
    That's just Markm, you gotta remember he's got belts older than most of us GWATers
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marler5811 View Post
    LOL! I hold a mean grudge. My son showed me a video on the pistol though.... some dude had a lot of info on the years of development, proof loads, the slide stop, etc. I was impressed at how thorough the development was.

He said he'd go half in on buying one with me.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    LOL! are they making it in FDE?, polymer frame?, striker doohicky? Oh wait, I already have two.
    Last edited by Uncas47; 01-30-24 at 15:29.
    "We all got it comin"....Will Munny

Feedback Score
    Why would I get this instead of a Staccato V3 9mm mag gun or an Alien Luigi? I guess it is cheaper, but I don’t get it?

The Alien suffers from the P7 Hot gun issue, why not make a normal lock up ‘inverted’ Alien instead of a gas retarded one?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Why would I get this instead of a Staccato V3 9mm mag gun or an Alien Luigi? I guess it is cheaper, but I don’t get it?

The Alien suffers from the P7 Hot gun issue, why not make a normal lock up ‘inverted’ Alien instead of a gas retarded one?
    I'd have to shoot one of each to make that call. The hot gun thing isn't a concern for me cuz i don't dump clip after clip like a retard.

And I don't care what they say about the Staccato.... it's a pleasure to shoot, but it's still rooted in STI's horrible reliability roots.

At the price, if the DD9 proves to be durable and reliable, it's the better value. Again, if I didn't enjoy shooting it, that would change things.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    The issue as I see it with DD is that they try to straddle both the civilian and the contract market, I'm sure Marty Daniels firmly believes everyone has a right to an AR15, but I also know that he wants those government contracts for Barrels and Rails, so he seems to aim to please both and to his detriment, pleases no one.
    Personally, I prefer the Ronnie Barrett approach.

Feedback Score
    I have an original Hudson H9 and really like it.
    Stopped shooting it after they went under.
    I have a hard on for this DD H9 but I'm going to hold for a little while to make sure it shakes out.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast