Thread: Smith/Lipsey's ultimate carry J-frame

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I just got one of these:

https://www.thewilderness.com/waist-...er-waist-pack/

It is superb. It's replacing my old and much beloved Eagle Industries gun pack.
    Thank you, I appreciate the link! These look really nice
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Thank you, I appreciate the link! These look really nice
    After Sam at The Wilderness made the final prototype, Darryl wore it for a total of 5000 miles worth of driving across country to events.

Sam has them on sale right now for $10 off. I have no financial interest in her company, she is just a really nice lady that makes stuff here in the US. I think a bunch of us have worn her Instructor belt forever. I probably have three of them.

Another neat thing about the design is that you can use your existing AIWB or IWB holster with it. So you save a bunch of money that way. My JM Custom holster for my compact Beretta, and my Dark Star Apollo holster for a J-frame both fit perfectly.

And the construction is rock solid, it will definitely outlast me.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    L-2, if you want to go cheap cheap, get a Lee breech lock press, a set of dies, a set of powder cups and go to the powder manufacturer’s website to get load info. You would be in for right at $200 with press, dies, leads, brass, primers, and 1lbs of powder for your first 100 rounds. It would almost pay for itself if you are loading up XTP’s or any other quality JHP.

You could even get one of these….
    https://www.amazon.com/LEE-PRECISION-38-SPL-Loader/dp/B00162RS7O/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=3NXVU4KG89NR3&keywords=lee+classic+reloader+kit+38+special&qid=1707099147&sprefix=lee+classic+reloader%2Caps%2C158&sr=8-2

I have one for 45-70 and it is slow but works fine.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 02-04-24 at 20:14.

Feedback Score
    Post 37, thank you very much. I've ordered it.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    L-2, if you want to go cheap cheap, get a Lee breech lock press, a set of dies, a set of powder cups and go to the powder manufacturer’s website to get load info. You would be in for right at $200 with press, dies, leads, brass, primers, and 1lbs of powder for your first 100 rounds. It would almost pay for itself if you are loading up XTP’s or any other quality JHP.

You could even get one of these….
    https://www.amazon.com/LEE-PRECISION...s%2C158&sr=8-2

I have one for 45-70 and it is slow but works fine.
    I "think" the breech lock will be nearly as fast/convenient as a turret press (which is what I use). I have a couple of Lee loaders and my God they are slow. If you are wintering over in an Alaskan cabin, I guess they could help pass the time

A Lee hand press is viable if a bench is out if the question.

Feedback Score
    Will it run the .32 S&w long? If so, not bad price for range ammo?

https://www.gmansportingarms.com/pro...s?asaid=as0004
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    Will it run the .32 S&w long? If so, not bad price for range ammo?

https://www.gmansportingarms.com/pro...s?asaid=as0004
    Yes, you can shoot .32 S&W Long out of the 432/632 model just fine. It was specifically designed to do that.

As far as ammo, I use these rounds for practice: https://magtechammunition.com/produc...long-98gr-lwc/

And carry with this: https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=257

I have been toting a Ruger LCR in 327 Federal Magnum, but only shoot the two previously mentioned rounds out of it. If you shoot the full-house 327 Gold Dots out of a lightweight revolver, it's like have a grenade hit your hand. And I usually carry 130 grain +P Gold Dots as my reload for a scandium 342 ankle gun. But the 327 in a gun that weighs under 14 ounces with a small grip is just murder.

They did not make the 632/432 combination in 327 Fed Mag, as an aluminum frame is not durable enough. They would have had to use a scandium alloy frame, and that would have pushed the cost from $750-ish to around $1200.

Even that Buffalo Bore 32 H&R Mag round is pretty stout. The Magtech 32 S&W Long wadcutter is really pleasant, about like a 22 Magnum in a J frame.

My revolvers are in the pipeline, and should be here sometime next month. I'll post pics and shooting results when they arrive.

Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post

I am extremely excited about this. This is exactly the pocket gun I have wanted for 20 years. They took all good stuff about the 650 Pro but put it on a .38 airweight. Plus it has a better trigger and some modifications to increase durability. I will buy at least one.
    I thought my gun buying days were over. I want one of each. I've never shot an .32 H&R Magnum. The sixth round is a very attractive option.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Getting at least (2) / Wife and I both LOVE the .32 S&W Long cartridge with BB full Wadcutters! / I'm retiring after 40 years as a LEO and with that retiring my need to carry service sized guns as the days of needing to shoot thru barriers, chasing and apprehending bad guys are also behind me. / She loves her Charter Arms Undercoverette - it went back to the factory and they did a great job with it, and for me I have an LCR . 22 LR and one in .327.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have been shooting J Frame revolvers for over 40 years and still carry one when I leave the house.

I would like to see a J Frame with a 2.3/8" - 2-1/2" barrel. I would also like to see the cylinder release moved slightly higher on the side of the frame.
    Train 2 Win

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast