Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
I just bought one of their MK114 Mod2's. Retail price is $2,050, but I got it for $1,626. That's 20.7% off MSRP. Apply that same percentage to $2,650 and your at $2,101. Of course with new offerings like this, you have to wait a year or two before the street prices level out. That's a good idea anyway. No matter how good their engineering is, there's always something that's going to need to be modified.
Those rifles shoot nicely. Let us know if you have any extraction or ejection problems.

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
As much as I like this rifle's concept, I don't really see any genuine utility for the civilian in being able to switch barrels and calibers. Not that it isn't cool; I just don't think it particularly useful. Most people just own more than one rifle. In a military context, I can see more possibilities however.

Of course, this is coming from a guy that is liable to build another rifle or pistol if he has too many spare parts lying around, so...
Honestly, I think modularity has even less value in the military context than civilian. It always sounds good until you remember that guns need to be zeroed, or the conversion parts actually issued and accounted for, or that 5.56 is optimal for a fighting carbine. With that said, I can see buying a 7.62x39 version of this.

Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
I wish all manufacturers introduced new rifles the way that they did with a full breakdown and explanation by the engineer who designed the rifle.
Indeed. Pistols, too.