Thread: 30-30 Winchester 94 question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

30-30 Winchester 94 question

Just got it, never fired, made in 1969 per the online serial number database (#3266XXX). I've never owned one before, but the trigger seems kind of "floppy" or loose, even when cocked. Is that normal?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Not normal, my early 70's mod.94 has no noticeable slop, either front to back or side to side.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’ve got a Winchester 94 made in 1974 and it has one of the crispest triggers of any gun I own- no slop and very clean break.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Buddy of mine is a gunsmith and he said they don't have a trigger return spring so that was to be expected. I'm gonna have him take a look at it since what I'm hearing here runs counter to what he told me.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Once you get it sorted I think you will enjoy shooting it. It is just a nice, light, easy handling carbine and fairly accurate, too. If I had to carry a non-semi auto carbine this would be it, hands down.
    Last edited by flenna; 12-29-23 at 20:00.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Once you get it sorted I think you will enjoy shooting it. It is just a nice, light, easy handling carbine and fairly accurate, too. If I had to carry a non-semi auto carbine this would be it, hands down.
    When I was first commissioned, Sergeants carried Winchester ‘94 .30-30 Carbines. They were replaced by Colt AR-15’s but those old ‘94’s would do the job (in fact, I never heard of a case where an AR-15 made the difference). One of my truck guns is a little Winchester ‘94 Trapper .30-30 Carbine (the other being a Colt 6520).