Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other "flow-through" cans besides Huxworx?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Other "flow-through" cans besides Huxworx?

What's out there?

I have a HW 556K. It's great except for the effort it takes to keep it from backing the mount, and therefore itself, off the rifle.

I'm not aware of other models or brands with the "flow-through" features.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Knights (unobtainium) and Surefire for two.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just to name a few (no experience with any).
    Huxwrx does have a new flow through can which is HUB compatible, the Ventum (762). Pick whichever mount system you like.
    Silencerco has their Velos (556 only) and HUB compatible.
    SIG Sauer has a few (556 and 762 models), but they discontinue models every 5 minutes, Sig mounts only.
    Griffin has their Dual Lok (non HRT models) in both 556 and 762 models, Dual Lok mount only.
    B&T has full size and K with two (maybe 3) mounts. Either Surefire mount compatible or A2 style.

Feedback Score
    Buddy of mine got the Ventum. Man is it a very cool design. The core is one solid piece of 3D titanium that you just pull out in one piece to clean. Got to hear it on his Galil during a conjugal (7.62 x 39) and it was loud. Bummed me out because I really love the design of that thing.

I think CAT is flow through as well, yes? First 5.56 can to get north of a 40 on the composite ranking on PEW.

https://pewscience.com/sound-signatu...at-wb-m4a1-556

Feedback Score
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Orion-X:

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yea that is all the reasons I bought one. There was no clear best can out there from my looking. I really struggled to find a clear winner. I’m still considering the smallest 3D Hux can. I heard it shinned the best from SBR guns. Kinda like it needed the umph to get the most out of it. But not the most durable and I highly value that, hence I went SOCOM.

The sig direct thread 556 old can is one of my favorites. Bought my last one for $399 and love that can. Great suppression and kinda sorta low back pressure.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 12-24-23 at 12:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Yea that is all the reasons I bought one. There was no clear best can out there from my looking. I really struggled to find a clear winner. I’m still considering the smallest 3D Hux can. I heard it shinned the best from SBR guns. Kinda like it needed the umph to get the most out of it. But not the most durable and I highly value that, hence I went SOCOM.

The direct thread 556 old can is one of my favorites. Bought my last one for $399 and love that can. Great suppression and kinda sorta low back pressure.

PB
    Same here and Pew Science is more into the weeds on all the variables/science than establishing a clear winner based on common parameters.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Same here and Pew Science is more into the weeds on all the variables/science than establishing a clear winner based on common parameters.
    I noticed that when researching my first suppressors- their charts and comparisons were so convoluted for my simple mind it told me little. I just ended up watching a gazillion YouTube videos and visiting different firearm sites to get information.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I noticed that when researching my first suppressors- their charts and comparisons were so convoluted for my simple mind it told me little. I just ended up watching a gazillion YouTube videos and visiting different firearm sites to get information.
    And because some of the important variables like, will the company be in business ( think Dead Air -AAC) and mounts are not considered big considerations. But ease of mounting and sacrificial baffles and ........ It's hard to pick a can. So you just have to pull the trigger and pray you did alright based on your usage.

I am perfectly capable of blowing a can up like nobodies business. But have enjoyed good luck getting them rebuilt or replaced.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 12-25-23 at 11:10.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast