Looks like Beretta has upgraded the 1301 Tactical and this time they emphasized the name with MOD 2 in the title.

As far as I can tell this new generation features three improvements: a straight trigger, the pro lifter, and M-lok slots on the forend rather than just being on the barrel clamp.

Of course, it is offered in all black, but for a bill or two more they are offering it in fde and odg.
I'm not liking the fde and odg colors with every large part being "that" color sans the mag tube extension, still being black.

The 1301 MOD 2 still does not seem to have the enlarged loading port like on Beretta's A300 Patrol model.

Hmm???...I want a 1301, but is the MOD 2 worth waiting for? Prices are showing a couple hundred more than the 1301 gen2 presently on shelves.

The three new features on the MOD 2 over the current model are only one that I want, and two that I don't. YMMV

I have a GG&G pic rail attachment via the barrel lug nut, so no M-lok slots needed. I also don't really like straight triggers unless I am precision bench shooting, so that's a non-issue item. I would like the pro lifter. But that can obviously be added at some point to a 1301. I guess also, if I really wanted the forend with them M-lok slots that I could acquire one of those in the future.

Anyway, just passing on some ShotGun news.

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/firear...mType:Shotguns