So I’ve always wanted a 4” model 29. But I’ve never been a huge revolver guy and I just never picked up the 29 back when they were affordable. Fast forward to today. The prices on a mint or like new 29 or 29-2 are ridiculous. People are asking stupid money for them. So I’m at a gun show in Ft. Worth and a guy had a new 29-10 on his table. I was able to negotiate $900 cash (wasn’t an FFL). And before you say anything I know it’s apples and oranges to a 29 no dash. Even the later model 29s are still very expensive in new condition. But before I could even get out of the show I must have had 20 people stop me to ask what’s in the blue box and then inform me that new S&W pistols with the lock SUCK and will lock up accidentally when you need it most. I’ve never been so ****ing annoyed in my life! Yes, the lock is ugly and totally stupid. Could the lock malfunction? Sure. Have they malfunctioned? You bet. And I’ve got a buddy who has been struck by lightning. My chances of getting hit are still slim. Do these people realize how much more likely it is for their Glock 19 or 1911 to jam than it is for this lock to seize up at the wrong time?

Except for the lock, this model 29 is very nice. Fit and finish is excellent. I like the thinner style grips. Quite accurate. I really love this pistol. And I’m going to shoot the piss out of it.

But am I the only one who thinks like this? How many of you revolver guys are really afraid the gun will fail vs. hating S&W for caving to Hilary and the anti-gun lobby back in 2001? And I get it! That’s a valid reason to boycott a gun manufacturer. But the quality of this piece still seems very good for the money. I’d love to know the thoughts of the hard core revolver folks. Even if you completely disagree with me. Free country!

You guys stay safe

Heavyweight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk