Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Forum Update

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    If you are not already on those lists, then you are not doing your part and are part of the problem........
    If it sets anyone's minds at ease, new ownership is definitely on all the lists. Some you've probably never even heard of.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by b_saan View Post
    Please keep the Tapatalk plugin in the new forum software. All the other forums have dropped Tapatalk and I've quit posting or reading them.
    I agree.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Just now seeing this, very cool.I’m excited. Especially the part about keeping the old school posts around and accessible. IG was the man that put me on my current path and I am still learning stuff from him via his posts here and his are not the only ones. I’ve pretty much walked away from most forums but continue to support this one for the legit information, much of it historical. Best wish for the new owners.

Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    If you are not already on those lists, then you are not doing your part and are part of the problem........
    Hear, hear!! Was just about to post if you’re not on the lists you’re doing it wrong and most likely a commie cunt.

Feedback Score
    If you're gonna move a thread, tell me where the hell you moved it to.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    It usually ends up in the obviously correct forum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by STAFF View Post
    Good Afternoon All,

We wanted to pass along some information on the future of the M4 Carbine forum. The forum came under new ownership/managment this year and the new ownership group is committed to keeping the spirit of the forum alive while updating the experience.

We are currently working on a massive forum overhaul which will move the forum to a new platform making M4 Carbine the most advanced forum in the industry. The current software the forum runs on will not be supported much longer and it is a needed change.

#1 Goal of this transition is ensure that all data is preserved. I was personal friends with Will Larson and many other members of the forum who have passed on. We want to ensure all users are able to still access historical posts from those users for all time while being able to access new more modern features.

This will include great new opportunites for Sponsors and members alike, we will be reaching out to sponsors and moderators in the near future to explain new features and options.

Rest assured the forum has a bright future and our goal is advanced the forum while retaining the spirit that makes it great.

Staff
    I am interested in site sponsorship for my company but have not been able to make contact with anyone. All of the links for doing so just take me to a page that says it is not viewable to the public.
    Joe Weaver
    Wolfpack Armory

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
    I am interested in site sponsorship for my company but have not been able to make contact with anyone. All of the links for doing so just take me to a page that says it is not viewable to the public.
    Hey Joe,

The switch over should happen in the next couple of weeks, we are planning to hire a part time employee to run the forum day to day so there will be someone here watching it all the time.

Staff

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b_saan View Post
    Please keep the Tapatalk plugin in the new forum software. All the other forums have dropped Tapatalk and I've quit posting or reading them.
    Unfortunately, it won't be. That was a stated goal of the project, but we couldn't find a more modern software that met all the other requirements and was tapatalk compatible. New software does have its own app, it is safe from being shut off because we are a gun community and is available on other chat apps we will list out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey Joe,

The switch over should happen in the next couple of weeks, we are planning to hire a part time employee to run the forum day to day so there will be someone here watching it all the time.

Staff
    Meaning a software guy, or more along the lines of a paid staff / moderator?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Unfortunately, it won't be. That was a stated goal of the project, but we couldn't find a more modern software that met all the other requirements and was tapatalk compatible. New software does have its own app, it is safe from being shut off because we are a gun community and is available on other chat apps we will list out.
    The forum will lose a lot of engagement without Tapatalk. I urge you to reconsider.

ETA: Especially if the new app is Fora, and you are Vertical Scope. Expect to lose close to 50% engagement.
    Last edited by georgeib; 01-05-24 at 20:50.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast