I just ordered a new LMT MWS defender online transferred to my FFL. Upon initial inspection I noticed that the aft locking bolt was partially stripped. That didn’t concern me too much so I accepted the transfer and called LMT to receive a replacement bolt. The rep said there was no one there to address the issue over the phone and instructed me to send pictures to their service email, which I did. When I got a chance to start setting the rifle up the way I want I ran into another more significant issue. When attempting to install any MLOK accessory into the 0100 and 1100 slots they are too narrow to fit. All of the other MLOK slot positions around the rail will accept accessories as designed except for the slots at those positions. So I again called LMT customer service and spoke with another rep, Aaron I believe and was told to send more pics and I would receive a prepaid shipping label to return the upper. Again I sent the pics and did not receive a response. I called again and this time the rep said they were taken off the computers to do something else and he was unable to check for my email at that time. I just wanted to post this for any of you guys thinking about getting an LMT to look out for issues. I have had MLOK rails from all different types of manufacturers and never experienced an out of spec slot. So now I’ll wait to see how this goes, I will update this post once the issue is resolved.