Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My stuff won't sell

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Both items should be priced at $25 shipped at this point or taken off the market. The market has spoken and your price is too high for two items that are not that desirable.
    It seems so, but it contradicts the often given suggestion that one should be able to buy something to try and then sell it on EE without losing one's shirt in the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    Once upon a time, users put actual pictures of their items on their ads. I can’t tell you how many I’ve seen lately that don’t have any pics. I shouldn’t have to ask for one. Are they just too lazy or something else?
    Thanks for the advice. I added photos to both ads.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    It seems so, but it contradicts the often given suggestion that one should be able to buy something to try and then sell it on EE without losing one's shirt in the deal.

Hmmm, I may be using a different EE than you as I've never considered that to be conventional wisdom in regards to selling used items on the internet....

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Hmmm, I may be using a different EE than you as I've never considered that to be conventional wisdom in regards to selling used items on the internet....
    Yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Yup.

I recently sold 5 CZ 9mm / .40 mags. After shipping I keep about $16 per mag. These were new in boxes and I'd been trying to sell them a long time.

I also sold several Glock 9mm factory mags, only test fired, for $15 each.

Sure I could get more during a panic, but they take up space and I can buy other mags I want while they're cheap.

I'll sell cheap if I can buy cheap.

I figure if I'm serious about selling something I can expect to get 50% of what I paid for it. If it's like new or new in the box I'll ask for more.

One thing you might want to try is bundling. I've done that a couple times and sold. Basically I put a bunch of like parts, (ex. G3 rifle stuff) in a box. The parts were about $300 if you bought them all retail. One could sell them individually for maybe $200+ if you wanted to make individual ads and wait many months.

I put it all in a box, asked for $150 and IIRC sold it for $120 and moved on with my life.

My point is, be prepared to wait for it to sell like you're waiting on an NFA stamp or sell it stupid cheap & move on.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for the advice. For what it's worth the T1 mount is/was new in box, and is now sold. Photos, luck, or pity I'm not sure.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234