Thread: AR-10 suddenly stops feeding, even first shot from magazine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I was using it for a monopod at first. After it started malfunctioning I stopped. Also remember, this was happening on a locked back bolt. I literally couldn't get any ammo to feed from a mag.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score

AR-10 suddenly stops feeding, even first shot from magazine

Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    I was using it for a monopod at first. After it started malfunctioning I stopped. Also remember, this was happening on a locked back bolt. I literally couldn't get any ammo to feed from a mag.
    No gun plumber here, but I would separate the upper and lower and try inserting the mag into the lower and push up mag like it might be when using it as a mono pod. If the mag goes in deeper than the normal notch, I'd try putting another twist or two on mag release. If that does not work, I'd try another mag release. I have a bunch in a bin. When you look at many side by side you will notice that they have some variation from part to part. Look for one with a lil longer hook to hold mag in place if that makes sense. I might also try another mag release spring....
    Last edited by Send it...; 09-11-23 at 23:19.

Feedback Score
    Do you have other mags to test? Are other mags having the same issue? I would start there and rule out the mags first.