Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mini-14 barrel thread shoulder can't mount a sound suppressor?

Feedback Score
    An update.

The red loc-tite I had holding on the Huxwrx mount and jam nut burned away pretty easily. 20-25 rounds and there was movement from the witness marks. If the 556K Flow didn't have those jets on the front acting like an impact gun trying to hammer off the mount with every shot the jam nut against the mount would probably by fine.

Anyway, I put the flash-hider back on.

Now, here is something interesting!

The 584 series Tactical blued Mini 14 doesn't have a flat thread shoulder and we know this is bad for suppressor mounting. Well I have some good news. I got a 585 series Mini-14 Tactical Stainless and it DOES have a 90 degree thread shoulder! In addition to that the barrel diameter is LARGER. I knew it had to be with that shoulder so I measured it with the calipers. It is indeed larger in diameter! Is this a 584 vs 585 series thing or a blued vs stainless thing? I don't know.

I put a (JD Enterprises?) jam nut on the muzzle threads snug and then put the Huxwrx FH mount on snug and test fit the 556K Flow. (with a Huxwrx carbon fiber rod) Perfectly centered! I then torqued the nut and mount on tight and rechecked and it was still perfectly centered!

I haven't ever fired the stainless 585 rifle and hopefully it's a good one like the blued 584 as far as operation and accuracy go. I need to make sure of that before I go buying an Ultimak rail (out of stock everywhere though) and Tech brand rear sight for it.

I thought one had to buy a .300 BLK Mini-14 to get a 90-degree muzzle thread shoulder but apparently not!
    Last edited by Ron3; 04-28-24 at 22:28.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345