Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recommendation for tactical boots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan74 View Post
    Lowa boots are very good, but somewhat consumer oriented. The only brand that makes even better boots is Haix, https://www.haixusa.com/. They make boots mainly for professional users so the brand is not as well known as many others, but Haix boots are the best you can buy, IMHO. Their boots may not be as fashionable, but if you need the best possible performance and durability, you can trust on Haix. I have more pairs than I care to count - the oldest pair is more than 10 years old and still ok.
    Just got a pair of the Haix Scout 2 hiking boots, after blowing up some Merrill Moabs- really disappointed with the Merrell build quality. The Haix definitely need break in period, and I hope they get more comfortable- the Merrells, while cheaply made, were good to go out of their box.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Maybe you've had a different experience but Merrells quality fell off a cliff post mid 2010's. My Moabs purchased before 2010 saw some pretty hard use and lasted a long time and when I went to purchase a replacement they lasted half as long under the same use, never bought another pair of Merrells ever again.
    They’ve always been kind of hit or miss. Most people have good experiences with them, but a percentage of people experience soles coming loose and stuff like that. The Sawtooth was on the “non-standard boot approved list” in 75rr (Blue Book) back in the day, and I’d guess about 1k dudes were wearing Merrell on any given day across USSOCOM in the early 2000s, so its not a small sampling.

I do still keep two pairs of their trail-running shoes, and two pairs of their business casual leather shoes, and my ex-wife has been using Sawtooths since like ‘06. My own Sawtooths shit the bed in less than a year.

For the OP, foot type and intended use are a necessary part of this discussion.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    It’s a damn shame what happened to Merrel, I use to love them, super comfortable, now they’re complete garbage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    It’s a damn shame what happened to Merrel, I use to love them, super comfortable, now they’re complete garbage.
    I would say complete garbage, I still have a 400g pair that I hike with the dog on back trails that have lasted me for at least 7 years, and I have another pair with steel toes I wear to certain construction sites, but the Merrel Moabs I used to love last me less then a pair of walmart slippers, and I might be the only one but my more civilian pair of Salomon's didn't do much for me either.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Danner desert RATs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowCommand View Post
    Danner desert RATs
    Good boot, just an FYI if anyone ever gets the insolated version, they suck on ice, I've had Bauer skates with more traction
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123