Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 7.62x39 AR15 available again CR6762

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Eh, cool...Whatever.

I just don't see the point anymore now that Russian ammo is banned, x39 cost more than 5.56, and 300 Ham'r exists. All that plus goofy, unreliable mags...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Now bring back a new version of the 901 please before I get more serious about a REC10 or Sig 716i.

Feedback Score
    I rather have them give me the bare bones handguard and stock so I can modify it to my liking.

With all the piston driven 7.62x39 variants I own that use AK magazines, I fail to see why I would want to run a DI AR using proprietary mags. As dirty as it will be, I would only feed the thing brass cased ammo.

I am still holding out for a FN SCAR H lower that takes AK mags

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    I rather have them give me the bare bones handguard and stock so I can modify it to my liking.

With all the piston driven 7.62x39 variants I own that use AK magazines, I fail to see why I would want to run a DI AR using proprietary mags. As dirty as it will be, I would only feed the thing brass cased ammo.
    There is a Geco out there in brass. I am hearing it will not cycle an AR reliably. I haven't tried Belom, it's brass.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    There is a Geco out there in brass. I am hearing it will not cycle an AR reliably.
    I have Geco and am picking up my 7.62x39 Colt today. I can let you know after I have a chance to shoot it.

Feedback Score
    Here's mine. I know it looks just like the others, but I have to show it off because pictures of guns never get old.

Feedback Score
    the funny thing is x39 is more expensive than 5.56 at this time

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I used to have a Vepr and now own a Sig 556R. Recoil is definitely a bit more than 5.56, but feels spread over a longer period - more of a push. I find 7.62x39 satisfying to shoot. And arguably it's a more effective round at more realistic combat distances, limited to ball.

As to ammo, I've never shot any Geco, but I've been through a few cases of Tula/Wolf, Barnaul, Ulyanovsk, Golden Tiger, and Yugo. Have also run through a few rounds of PPU. The Yugo and PPU definitely felt the hottest, with GT and Barnaul following up, and the others behind that. I'm not sure if my subjective opinion lines up with actual chrony tests though, but I imagine it does.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    I also used to think these x39 ARs looked stupid with the x39 AR mags, but it’s wearing on me and MAKES SENSE to some degree.
    Note the RZE Unimag in the picture. It’s the one on the right that has the same profile as a regular 5.56x45 magazine. They hold 25rds of 7.62x39 and run reliably.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast