Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
my old unit that specializes in arctic warfare doesn’t use jetboil. I forget the brand but there’s one that’s either rated to lower temps or is more reliable in those temps.
Good point, and from my experience, it's the fuel that is the issue, not the stove itself. If you will be in extreme temps, you definitely need to get the fuel canister that is rated for sub zero temps. I've used my jetboil in very cold temps (below zero), and as long as you have the right fuel, it works great. I'd be curious to know if that unit had issues with the fuel or the stove itself.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
Be careful with Sawyer (and as far as I know any other filtration system) in freezing weather because if they freeze they are usually toast.
. For sure. I like having a small stove and pot to boil snow or water if other options aren't available.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
lithium batteries for headlamps are a good idea due to not rupturing out of the blue and not being as finicky in cold weather as alkaline.
+1 on this. I only use lithium batteries anymore, and i don't think any of the modern lights have issues with lithium.