I've got to agree with the others, emergency food is pretty low on my list of Hurricane preps. Being prepared to "camp out" at home w/o electricity is the name of the game. Lots of good food and drink that can be stored and consumed easily w/o a lot of clean up is key. Also a generator, chain saws w/ safety gear(!!!), some cash, and plenty of BIG tarps will see you through.

That being said I like and eat Mountain House on a semi frequent basis. I would suggest that you buy a MH "Emergency Kit" from CostCo or another big box store, gather the family and have yourselves a taste test weekend!

I no longer live in hurricane country but I do live in the sticks! I keep 3+ days of food for two In each of our vehicles. I use a .50 cal ammo can to keep the critters (mice, rats, etc.) at bay. Breakfast, dinners, a couple of lifeboat ration blocks, tea, coffee, and some sweets. I pack that sucker full! I'm basically ready to do a 3 day backpacking trip, on zero notice, 24/7 365(Or maybe 270... winter in the high-country would SUCK!)! It pays to be prepared!