Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSA KS47 Gen 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

PSA KS47 Gen 2

Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I've had one of their PSAK47 complete rifles since late 2018. I'm not a big AK guy, so i don't shoot it very often, but i've put maybe 1,200 rounds through it. It's run perfect so far, but i can't say i've abused it like the ARs i own, so not sure if my example is very helpful.

I
    This is basically me except I bought mine in 2020 after a neighbor moved back to CA and gave me 4K rounds of 7.62*39 ammo he didn’t want to move. I didn’t have an AK so I looked for alternatives. KS47 was the best option and I have zero regrets. I have about 1K rounds through mine and zero problems.

Like him or not, this is a good review of the rifle and I agree with the results as mine shoots pretty darn good groups.

Range results are at 26 minutes if you want to see accuracy.

https://youtu.be/gcPz6X2__os?si=XHfy1n5TrYrssGOo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 03-30-24 at 07:15.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ok. I thought you were saying the KS 47 was too heavy. My mistake.

Can you shoot in the prone reliably? Just saw a Klayco video and he ran into a problem in the prone with his KS 47. Of course he was running a Bakelite.

PSA says it tests with all types but I believe most all manufacturers have built around the pmag.

Feedback Score
    With the weight of a loaded mag you really have to be careful of weight. I have mostly chicom and Eastern European mags that I bought in the 90’s that work really well. I recently bought some Bulgarian steel and polymer mags that work well except for the 5&10 round mags. The only 30 rd mags that haven’t worked for me are the $5 unity mags. They fall out, the rear lug needs filed or ground down some to work. I have not tried the pmags. Shooting prone and using the mag as a monopod works well no problem.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    With the weight of a loaded mag you really have to be careful of weight. I have mostly chicom and Eastern European mags that I bought in the 90’s that work really well. I recently bought some Bulgarian steel and polymer mags that work well except for the 5&10 round mags. The only 30 rd mags that haven’t worked for me are the $5 unity mags. They fall out, the rear lug needs filed or ground down some to work. I have not tried the pmags. Shooting prone and using the mag as a monopod works well no problem.
    I mostly use PMAGS and I’ve had a couple that needed to be “fitted” to lock
    In well. Its pretty easy with a dremmel tool.

I prefer the 20 round PMAGS for both size and weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12