Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
I had a chance to handle a couple of new Pythons a week or two ago, and an Anaconda.

I own a 3” King Cobra with the fixed sight.

Anecdotal samples of 2 Pythons and 1 Anaconda:

1.) Double action triggers on the Pythons and Anaconda felt lighter to me than the King Cobra. Could just be the longer trigger stroke making the overall weight seem lighter. They’re so good I almost forgot to try the single action.

2.) Single action on all of them is crisp, but the weight is a bit heavier than I would like. No big deal since the DA is so good.

3.) The Anaconda is a big bastard. Noticeably larger than the Python.

4.) The ejector rods on both Python and Anaconda are considerably more robust than the small rod on the King Cobra.

5.) The adjustable sights that Colt has selected look sketchy as hell. Plus the front sight/rear sight notch ratio is trash. Way way to tight a sight picture.

6.) The Pythons were a 4.25” bbl and 3” bbl. I liked both, but the grip on the 3” bbl is the same as the 4.25” gun and needs to be something shorter/rounded.

On the plus side for the sights and grips, grips can be replaced, and the nice people at Wilson Combat have the rear and front sights covered!

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Colt-Py...products/1544/

So now a Python or two, and an Anaconda are strait up on my list of gotta have.
Thanks for reviews!

2. Sounds like my KC. I don't fire it SA except occasionally to check zero of a new load or something.

3. Hm. Only looks slight bigger / heavier in pics but I'll take your word for it.

4. That's good. I do smack an ejector rod. Although not with much resistance because I've had no issues with tight / stuck cases.

5. & 6. That's just what Hackathon said. Rear sight terrible, 3 inch needs rounded grip frame.

It's good to see those aftermarket rears available. Sold out for now.

My KC has the fixed rear (would be nice if a little deeper) and gold front. I like the front. Easy to change if I ever wanted to.