Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What lower would you use for a blaster M4 "clone"?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question What lower would you use for a blaster M4 "clone"?

I say "clone" because it will be more M4 inspired than a true clone. But with that said I'm stuck on what lower I want to run. It will be a rattle can job and I don't want to tie up a lot of money in it, going for a budget build. It's just going to have a BA M4 barrel which have decent accuracy but I will never shoot it past 100 yards.

I'm stuck on what lower. I'd like to limit the stripped lower to around $300-350. Here are the options I've been thinking...

I'm open to any suggestions here.
    Last edited by Stopsign32v; 08-24-22 at 14:15.

Feedback Score
    I built a few range/beaters on PSA, spikes and windham lowers. Have zero issies with either, 3 PSA',s 2 spikes and 2 windhams.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    I built a few range/beaters on PSA, spikes and windham lowers. Have zero issies with either, 3 PSA',s 2 spikes and 2 windhams.
    I've read more about Windham Weaponry in the past month than ever. I don't even know if I remember hearing about them before. What is the deal with them? Have they been around a long time?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Aero is my goto if I can't get complete LMT lowers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Aero is my goto if I can't get complete LMT lowers
    I'm a roll mark snob. I can't stand a big ugly roll mark like Aero, Spikes, PSA cannons etc. If it looks good or nostalgic I'm ok. So for that reason Aero is out of the question. Though I know their lowers and uppers are GREAT and I also know the difference in all lowers are basically just that, a roll mark.
    Last edited by Stopsign32v; 08-24-22 at 15:31.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    I've read more about Windham Weaponry in the past month than ever. I don't even know if I remember hearing about them before. What is the deal with them? Have they been around a long time?
    From what I read WIndham is the original/founding owners of Bushmaster.

Feedback Score
    I’d buy an OEM 1 or 2 Colt rifle for $775 and then sell the upper for $650. You’d then have $650 and a factory complete Colt lower.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    I’d buy an OEM 1 or 2 Colt rifle for $775 and then sell the upper for $650. You’d then have $650 and a factory complete Colt lower.
    ^^^This is a pretty good option, except I would keep the Colt upper as well.^^^

All you would need to have a functional M4 is a set of handguard, a trigger guard, and a stock.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-O...e6920-oem1.htm

Feedback Score
    Anderson lowers are $49.

A $300 (stripped) lower sounds pricy for a "blaster"
    Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 08-25-22 at 21:03.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    As long as its in spec, the LPK are more important. I bought spikes and built out a lower and it seems to be in good shape.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast