Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Check out the IMI 77gr SMK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIVD6UlE3AI
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    I have maybe 1500 or so of the Razor. I'd like to look into the TMK vicious_cb mentioned as it appears even better, but I at least feel comfortable with the Razor's I have in hand. For now......
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    Mk318 is my fav. I have taken 3 deer with it. Hits real hard
    I am intending to use the Black Hills 62gr Dual loading this year for deer. It looks very similar in gel.

MK318

Without filling my deer with lead confetti.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This is Black Hills 62 grain TSX. If both were available would you still choose Dual Performance?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    This is Black Hills 62 grain TSX. If both were available would you still choose Dual Performance?

Ive got access to pretty much whatever. Im trying the dual oit to see. No opinion yet.

Feedback Score
    5.56x45mm 77 gr TMK out of 11.5 and 12.5” uppers.

God Bless,

Brandon

Feedback Score
    To many are getting caught up in the velocity game. Speer/Federal know exactly what they are doing. There is a reason they set the velocities where they do. They perform with accuracy and expansion. 62, 75 Gold dots are some of the best there is. So much testing goes on with these rounds. I worked at Federal plant for years. They know what they are doing. Factory Gold dots are great and so is the LE223T3. These are the best loads in the world for expansion and penetration.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    To many are getting caught up in the velocity game. Speer/Federal know exactly what they are doing. There is a reason they set the velocities where they do. They perform with accuracy and expansion. 62, 75 Gold dots are some of the best there is. So much testing goes on with these rounds. I worked at Federal plant for years. They know what they are doing. Factory Gold dots are great and so is the LE223T3. These are the best loads in the world for expansion and penetration.
    I think Speer's 75gr gold dot might be the best 223 round period.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Everything is a trade off, the lead in Gold Dots seems to be far softer than in other companies projectiles, that leads to better expansion at lower velocities. That also means the bullet will start to come apart if it hits barriers like autoglass if pushed too fast which is why they dialed the velocities down.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    As vicious says below, there's always a trade off. I have read the Gold Dots will penetrate and expand at low velocities also and may be a good choice for SD/HD from SBRs and PDWs. No doubt superior to pistol rnds, but likely short of the terminal ballistics you get from rnd designed for, and doing, the velocities that see rifle rnd terminal ballistics via yaw and fragmentation and hydro static effects would be my guess. I agree some may not realize how many manufacturers are making rnds that will perform well as much lower velocities, and overly focused on velocity as the only metric worth taking about, but the classic rifle wounding effects we associate with rifle bullets seem to happen at higher velocities, and the 5.56 associated with those wounding mechanisms due to velocity. Again, everything is a trade off...

Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Everything is a trade off, the lead in Gold Dots seems to be far softer than in other companies projectiles, that leads to better expansion at lower velocities. That also means the bullet will start to come apart if it hits barriers like autoglass if pushed too fast which is why they dialed the velocities down.
    Some of them are not barrier blind.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 08-19-22 at 17:40.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast