Thread: Beware of Leupolds Clones

Feedback Score

Beware of Leupolds Clones

I company in China are making scopes that are almost identical to Leupolds. They are even putting the name Leupold on them. One of my friends told me he got a 6.5-20 with a Ill. reticle like mine for 100. Come to find out it was from China and a friggin knock-off.

Feedback Score
    While the clone may look identical outside, it is whats inside that counts. Do a heads up comparison between the glass and ability to hold zero. If the clone even comes close I'll buy one.

Feedback Score
    I think you missunderstood me. I wasn't saying that they were a good buy I was trying to warn people about them. I payed over a grand for mine, and no, looking through the glass the clearity wasn't even close.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    http://leupold.com/corporate/resourc...rfeit-warning/

You may want your friend to contact Leupold.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deltaARman View Post
    I think you missunderstood me. I wasn't saying that they were a good buy I was trying to warn people about them. I payed over a grand for mine, and no, looking through the glass the clearity wasn't even close.

No misunderstanding, just boosting the warning.

I am curious as to whether they can hold zero and whether the glass is better than what you'd expect for the money.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it sounds too good to be true...it usually is....
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    Thats what I told him. I guess Leupold has tryed to do something about it but being that the company is in China they are having a hard time getting any info about the company or taking it into legal matters.

Feedback Score
    a friend of mine bought one of those Leupold fakes at a local gun shop. The shop sold it to him as a real Leupold. After he got it home and really started looking at it he decided something wasn't right. He contacted Leupold and they told him it was a fake. After a trip back to the shop and a few heated exchanges he got his money back.
    The devil danced as he went down
    In the hail of arrows comin'
    Out on the wild Montana ground,
    Custer died a-runnin'.