Thread: 2011s in LE Use

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Lol I never heard of the SR1911 as being upper entry level. But I guess that's true if you're including the Filipino and Turkish imports.

Ruger does sell a more custom model under the Doug Koenig label. It is quite expensive. Not Staccato expensive howver...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Well, I’m not a 1911 aficionado, but glad you were amused.

Not ready to spend Dan Wesson money and doubt I’d go beyond that price for a Wilson or a Nighthawk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    Well, I’m not a 1911 aficionado, but glad you were amused.

Not ready to spend Dan Wesson money and doubt I’d go beyond that price for a Wilson or a Nighthawk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I meant no disrespect and apologies if my previous post came across that way.

I personally like Ruger 1911s and think the gun is a good value for the money. Do they cut some corners with MIM parts and stuff? Sure. But even then the MIM parts they use seem to hold up okay and are not too hard or costly to replace if desired. Hammer, sear, disconnector, etc can be bought from any number of places if desired after the fact.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."