Thread: Super high rise optics----thoughts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    P.S., sorry for the long post, but there were a lot of things that tied together, some of them more recent and what I started out with is not what I use today. You learn as you go, just sharing what I've learned from those with real world experience and my own experiences.

I also want to point out that high end LVPO's like the Razor, Kahles and other similar scopes have really good 1x. My FOV with the Razor is considerably better than a T2 / 4S or similar RDS because the body of the scope is so thin and the FOV is so wide.

The only downside is yes, scope shadow, but I rarely have issues with that and even if you get some shadow from a less than stellar cheek weld, as long as you can see the target and align the crosshairs / dot, your good to go.

I think with top mounted RDS that I'm now exploring (having run 35 offset for years), it moves to a more dedicated role for NODS and close ranges with movement where you may still need to aim but can't get enough accuracy just sighting over the barrel without sights (like 15~25 yards). Anything closer and you don't need sights on a long gun, just use reflexive techniques of sighting over the bore completely heads up.

Beyond 25 yards, I really don't see a need for anything, but a good LVPO that has true 1x both eyes open capability and a really good FOV.
    Last edited by win&legend; 03-14-24 at 08:23.