Thread: 2022 Legion Memorial Run N Gun: Sept 10-11, Spencer, TN

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The next new thing we'll have this year is a land nav portion of the match. If you have land navigation skills you will have an advantage. This will be "beginner level" land nav in that you will be given a bearing and distance and a portion of the course will NOT be marked - so I suggest you get a compass and some way to estimate distance travelled (ranger beads, etc.). If you show up without a compass and with zero land nav skills you will still be able to complete the course, but it's very likely you'll run a longer route or spend some extra time wandering in the woods. The current plan is to have a very simple challenge in the 5k match (and night matches), and a second and more difficult challenge in the 10k match.

The Gun Run is doing some very cool things with Land Navigation on a larger and more complicated/skilled scale than we'll do here, and would be an EXCELLENT place to learn more about the subject if you need some help. Check out ​https://thegunrun.us/ to learn more.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No idea what will be happening by then, and I'm probably waaaay too out of shape for something like this, but it is interesting.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    No idea what will be happening by then, and I'm probably waaaay too out of shape for something like this, but it is interesting.
    Come on now, you've got five months to train up! You can do this -