Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal 30 Super Carry

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll get laughed at for this, but I've barely convinced myself that a 9mm is worth carrying. Anything smaller and less potent? Nah, I'll pass. I might be proven wrong, but I can handle that.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    I'll get laughed at for this, but I've barely convinced myself that a 9mm is worth carrying. Anything smaller and less potent? Nah, I'll pass. I might be proven wrong, but I can handle that.
    I'm there with you. I prefer 45cal, reason being is if I'm only punching holes I want to punch as big of holes as possible.

However I mainly carry 9mm because for me personally I'm much faster with it and it holds a bit more. But I transition between 9mm and 45acp throughout the year, no other caliber.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I'll be sticking with the 121 year old cartridge.
    It seems pretty cool to me but does it really make me want to change my current 9mm loads. Nope, but it will have its takers for sub-compact low mag capacity guns for sure. But I'm the asshole that shoots more 9mm, 223, 308, 300WM and cautiously went into 6.5CM and that was a stretch even though it has been accepted.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    How is this going to be a 380 replacement when it appears to be the same overall length as the 9mm and much higher pressure than the 380. Seems that it will require a 9mm sized pistol

Feedback Score
    I’m pretty sure that anyone that believes this 30 Super will work in an LCPMax/Bodyguard/P3AT sized pistol does not have firearm design experience in their resume.

No way will that work. 50K psi and 9mm ballistics in a gun of that size?

Think about it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    How is this going to be a 380 replacement when it appears to be the same overall length as the 9mm and much higher pressure than the 380. Seems that it will require a 9mm sized pistol
    .380 shouldn’t be replaced. It should fade into the dustbin of history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post

The 380 still has a place in pocket guns. Micro 9s really are still too big and heavy to be ideal in this role. I have a Ruger max in 380 and it’s super light and small nice for those times when you have to have a pocket gun. I obviously prefer the 9mm for normal carry.
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 01-09-22 at 20:40.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post

I just moved "up" to .380 for my primary carry. 13+1 rds of it in my DA / SA Beretta 81FS. It's got the frame mounted safety-decocker if you're not familiar.

Usually carry a Beretta .25, too. Also DA/SA.

But I agree deep penetrating, expanding bullets are better so, sometimes I carry a Colt King Cobra .357 mag revolver.
    Last edited by Ron3; 01-10-22 at 17:24.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    The 380 still has a place in pocket guns. Micro 9s really are still too big and heavy to be ideal in this role. I have a Ruger max in 380 and it’s super light and small nice for those times when you have to have a pocket gun. I obviously prefer the 9mm for normal carry.
    Hey, what does that Ruger Max .380 weigh loaded?

I can't find that anywhere. All I find is the same quoted weight empty and dont know if that's with or without magazine.

Its amazing how many people make a video informing others about their favorite carry gun but don't even have a $10 food scale to weigh it!

Feedback Score
    I saw the appeal of .32 magnum / .327 because it puts 6 shots in a snub revolver with the benefit of low recoil training ammo with .32 S&W Long / .32 mag.

Wife and I each have a .327 LCR.

I'm not yet seeing the big advantage to .30SC.

New shooters wont like the blast, volume shooters wont like the price.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast