Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal 30 Super Carry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    What a worthless post
    Thank you for taking the time out of your day to say something off the topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Gun owners always want innovation, but they poo-poo anything that isn’t 120 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was just thinking the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    IF the pistol can be made into a true pocket gun (think Keltec P32 size or smaller) snip
    Unlikely. According to what Disciple posted, it is longer than .32ACP and operates at more than twice the pressure. Its overall length is exactly the same as the 9x19. Just like .327 Federal is an alternate chambering for guns that would otherwise be sold in .357M, this round will most likely end up in 9mm-sized, or nearly so, guns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    People are hesitant to carry a Glock 43 because of the ammo capacity. This should give us 8 round flush fit mags and 10 round pinky extender mags. Sig P365 could have flush fit 12 round mags and the XL would be at 14 or maybe even 15.

I dont think it would be a good replacement for 9mm duty size guns but the really small guns could use less recoil and more ammo.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post

Unlikely. According to what Disciple posted, it is longer than .32ACP and operates at more than twice the pressure. Its overall length is exactly the same as the 9x19. Just like .327 Federal is an alternate chambering for guns that would otherwise be sold in .357M, this round will most likely end up in 9mm-sized, or nearly so, guns.
    I would expect .380 sized guns with a rnd offering close to 9mm terminal ballistics and or 9mm sized guns with a higher capacity than 9mm.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    People are hesitant to carry a Glock 43 because of the ammo capacity. This should give us 8 round flush fit mags and 10 round pinky extender mags. Sig P365 could have flush fit 12 round mags and the XL would be at 14 or maybe even 15.

I dont think it would be a good replacement for 9mm duty size guns but the really small guns could use less recoil and more ammo.
    Yeah, the 43 would be a great candidate for this round. Although, Glock chose to engineer a whole new gun rather than give us factory +1 or +2 mags, so I don’t expect much further evolution of the 43. Maybe one of the million companies selling Glock accessories will make a good conversion.

Speaking of the G43 and the P365, I can’t help but think this cartridge might be a few years late to really thrive. If it had been around prior to the current crop of 10+ round micro nines, it might have gotten a better toehold, like in a G43, Kahr, Nano, 1911, etc. But today, if I want 8 rounds in a G43, I can buy like 10 guns that do that, or better.

Also, Italy just dropped the ban on “military” calibers. This cartridge could have been a good alternative to 9x21, while also bringing the 92 up to modern capacity. Might still fit that niche in some markets, but I don’t know.

If PCCs become a thing, I can see a 8mm Rex rifle can in my future.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yea after more looking into it and thinking about it this is destine to fail before setting sail IMO. This is basically the 40 S&W release of today, an answer to a non issue. Only difference is the 40 S&W came along when the gun community was a little less knowledgeable than today. This will be a massive flop IMO.

I'd rather see someone do something innovative and release some 50 caliber pistols. Maybe a 50 GAP round or something like that but call it the 50 ACP. Or maybe something in between such as a 47/48cal.

People would jump all over a fiddy IMO.

Feedback Score
    I’m pretty sure that anyone that believes this 30 Super will work in an LCPMax/Bodyguard/P3AT sized pistol does not have firearm design experience in their resume.

No way will that work. 50K psi and 9mm ballistics in a gun of that size?

Think about it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    The 380 still has a place in pocket guns. Micro 9s really are still too big and heavy to be ideal in this role. I have a Ruger max in 380 and it’s super light and small nice for those times when you have to have a pocket gun. I obviously prefer the 9mm for normal carry.
    Hey, what does that Ruger Max .380 weigh loaded?

I can't find that anywhere. All I find is the same quoted weight empty and dont know if that's with or without magazine.

Its amazing how many people make a video informing others about their favorite carry gun but don't even have a $10 food scale to weigh it!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Super light but haven’t weighed it honestly

Answering Rons question on the weight of a Ruger Max 380
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 01-10-22 at 22:30.

Feedback Score
    I saw the appeal of .32 magnum / .327 because it puts 6 shots in a snub revolver with the benefit of low recoil training ammo with .32 S&W Long / .32 mag.

Wife and I each have a .327 LCR.

I'm not yet seeing the big advantage to .30SC.

New shooters wont like the blast, volume shooters wont like the price.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast