Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal 30 Super Carry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Federal 30 Super Carry

https://www.federalpremium.com/30supercarry.html

Federal has a new cartridge out called the 30 Super Carry. 30 caliber, 100 grain bullet, shot at 1150-1200 FPS. Holds 2 extra rounds per mag over a 9mm with less recoil.

I'm not viewing this as a 9mm replacement but i think it would be a great 380 replacement for sub compact guns.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    I been researching this round. I see the benefit over 380 in a micro pistol. But I was hoping for 762x25 ballistics in a full size duty pistol for woods work.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    I been researching this round. I see the benefit over 380 in a micro pistol. But I was hoping for 762x25 ballistics in a full size duty pistol for woods work.
    Looks closer to the 30 Luger ballistics.

At first glance I’m not a fan. It has less KE and expansion than a 9x19mm, and will undoubtedly cost more and be far less available. I also don’t think the gun frame sizes will be any smaller as it’s running higher pressures, maybe slightly thinner but why would a mfg tool up for such? (Unless demand really kicks off)

The only pro I can see is slightly higher magazine capacity and less recoil.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 01-07-22 at 10:13.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Looks closer to the 30 Luger ballistics.

At first glance I’m not a fan. It has less KE and expansion than a 9x19mm, and will undoubtedly cost more and be far less available. I also don’t think the gun frame sizes will be any smaller as it’s running higher pressures, maybe slightly thinner but why would a mfg tool up for such? (Unless demand really kicks off)

IF the pistol can be made into a true pocket gun (think Keltec P32 size or smaller) then I am completely on board and would use it for a backup gun while I carry my 9mm on my waist or a better than nothing gun for when I can't carry IWB or just want to be wreckless and going to get Chinese takeout so I don't want to holster up.

IF the pistol is the same size as a 9mm or not enough to pocket carry and it just holds 2rds more then completely count me out.
    Last edited by Stopsign32v; 01-07-22 at 10:35.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/fe...0-super-carry/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGHxrE9HXBs

12 round capacity in a single stack 1911. 1911's aren't my thing but I know a lot of people like them so that isn't a bad thing...

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/blog/30-...new-cartridge/

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post

This. The S&W shield (to me) is a true pocket gun... even with the extended mag I can put the gun with holster in my pocket.

There are so many good compact 9mm options, I can't see any logic in a weak caliber. Gun owners are often enamored with small/compact options even when they make no sense... I mean that IS the entire .380 shooter community. How anyone could carry that pathetic round and feel "armed" escapes me.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll get laughed at for this, but I've barely convinced myself that a 9mm is worth carrying. Anything smaller and less potent? Nah, I'll pass. I might be proven wrong, but I can handle that.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    I'll get laughed at for this, but I've barely convinced myself that a 9mm is worth carrying. Anything smaller and less potent? Nah, I'll pass. I might be proven wrong, but I can handle that.
    I'm there with you. I prefer 45cal, reason being is if I'm only punching holes I want to punch as big of holes as possible.

However I mainly carry 9mm because for me personally I'm much faster with it and it holds a bit more. But I transition between 9mm and 45acp throughout the year, no other caliber.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    https://www.federalpremium.com/30supercarry.html

Federal has a new cartridge out called the 30 Super Carry. 30 caliber, 100 grain bullet, shot at 1150-1200 FPS. Holds 2 extra rounds per mag over a 9mm with less recoil.

I'm not viewing this as a 9mm replacement but i think it would be a great 380 replacement for sub compact guns.
    Already seen some ads for it online. No doubt they have gotten some gun manufacturers on board for production. I see two listed already.

Seems like a +p .380 to me, which "on paper" is not a bad thing. If it has the reliability of a 9mm as to penetration and expansion, and added capacity of .380, and or smaller pistols with superior terminal ballistics than .380, then it has potential to be a winner in my view. Cost and availability will be a big factor there as to any interests too.

Friends don't let friends CCW .380...
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-06-22 at 11:20.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It's like a really juiced 32 ACP.

Wonder what the price point will be? With ammo so expensive will it be able to get a foothold in the market? IDK.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast