Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best A1 stock kit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    I got one of those and the metal butt plate from Fulton armory for my M16A4 clone because I wanted the shorter lop but when people see it they comment on how old the stock looks no matter what I do to dress it up.

Doesn’t bother me at all though it’s solid.
    As far as I know, Fulton Armory has only had the A1 aluminum trap doors over the last couple of years incorrectly paired with A2 butt plates. Though I guess you weren't going for a perfect clone because of the A1 stock.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amicus View Post
    Quick historical note. Around 2006 or so, Numrich sold the A1 trapdoor stocks (probably national guard take offs) for about $21 and the older, non-trapdoor A1-length stocks for about $7. Numrich published a letter from a battalion armorer in Iraq who had bought a bunch of the non-trapdoor stocks and installed them on request for persons of smaller stature; he specifically mentioned females and Mexicans. He thanked Numrich for making these stocks available because the A2 stocks, as issued, were almost unusable for the smaller recruits.
    That’s pretty cool. Makes my clone a bit more correct. My command wouldn’t have allowed us to do stuff like that even if it was a benefit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    Just another FYI, but the doors as well as the latches are different between A1 and A2 trap doors. Can't just change out the latch and be clone correct either.
    Well dang me. Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    I’m building a mk12 clone. What do you guys recommend for the most accurate repro?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chachachanng View Post
    I’m building a mk12 clone. What do you guys recommend for the most accurate repro?
    If you can find any originals in excellent condition that's the only way to go (basically impossible). All the reproduction M16/A1 type stocks are crap.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123