Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best A1 stock kit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    A little help here, please? I thought the Magpul fixed carbine stock was a good bit shorter than an A1 stock and the fixed rifle stock was longer (basically an A2 length stock). This thread has me wondering if either of those beliefs are correct. Guess I have some research to do.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-01-21 at 22:47.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a Magpul rifle stock and it’s length is a bit shorter than an A2. I don’t have an A1 for comparison, but I’ve read that it’s a. It longer than an A1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/harr...ck-w-trap.html

When back in stock I’ll be putting a metal A2 buttplate on one for a poor man’s CS.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/harr...ck-w-trap.html

When back in stock I’ll be putting a metal A2 buttplate on one for a poor man’s CS.
    That looks nice. I still have an extra M16 non trap door stock in the garage or I'd be on the notify list.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why I’m looking forward to the PSA/H&R A1 stock. It looks like the modern A2 materials in A1 length. Slap a metal A2 buttplate on there and we finally have a properly made domestic CS stock facsimile available.

Feedback Score
    FYI, these just popped up, get them while they last... https://www.apexgunparts.com/colt-ar...minum-new.html

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sarco. Used USGI A1 stock with trapdoor. Take your chances? (I have no personal experience with these.)

I used to get these from Numrich. Once I scrubbed the hell out of them to remove 80% of the ingrained dirt (best I could do), I applied black shoe polish. Covered some of the scratches, shined 'em up pretty, and didn't smell too bad.

https://www.sarcoinc.com/ar15-m16a1-...with-trapdoor/
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amicus View Post
    Sarco. Used USGI A1 stock with trapdoor. Take your chances? (I have no personal experience with these.)
    I think I've ordered from them before. Don't remember any issues.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amicus View Post

I used to get these from Numrich. Once I scrubbed the hell out of them to remove 80% of the ingrained dirt (best I could do), I applied black shoe polish. Covered some of the scratches, shined 'em up pretty, and didn't smell too bad.

https://www.sarcoinc.com/ar15-m16a1-...with-trapdoor/
    I got one of those and the metal butt plate from Fulton armory for my M16A4 clone because I wanted the shorter lop but when people see it they comment on how old the stock looks no matter what I do to dress it up.

Doesn’t bother me at all though it’s solid.
    "Knowledge without experience is just information"--Mark Twain

Hindsight is 6920

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    I got one of those and the metal butt plate from Fulton armory for my M16A4 clone because I wanted the shorter lop but when people see it they comment on how old the stock looks no matter what I do to dress it up.

Doesn’t bother me at all though it’s solid.
    Quick historical note. Around 2006 or so, Numrich sold the A1 trapdoor stocks (probably national guard take offs) for about $21 and the older, non-trapdoor A1-length stocks for about $7. Numrich published a letter from a battalion armorer in Iraq who had bought a bunch of the non-trapdoor stocks and installed them on request for persons of smaller stature; he specifically mentioned females and Mexicans. He thanked Numrich for making these stocks available because the A2 stocks, as issued, were almost unusable for the smaller recruits.
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast