Thread: Favorite 6-shot .38 / .357 snub?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    New King Cobra still running great.

Sometimes I think I'm a bit hard on it. I ran a good bit of medium .357 from it and more hot .38's. All of it 158 gr though, no hot / light stuff.

I'm bad at tracking ammo count. I'm gonna guess about 1500 rds through it.

I've thought getting a bigger revolver to practice with. I've considered a 3 or 4 in new Python, 4 in new Anaconda (new this year, not yet available) or, highest on the list, a 3 in round-butt 686+. (7-shot)

There are very few concealable holsters for Pythons and L-frames. Disappointing.

I'm interested in the Anaconda because i can load it from mild to wild and it's RDS ready. But Pythons and Anaconda's are $1400-$1500, too. The King Cobra is the better value at about $850.

Or I can just enjoy the Colt King Cobra I've got and take it easy with the hotter ammo. It's not just hard on the gun but my hands and wrists, too.

I'm kinda over .327 mag. There are a couple good .327 loads but they will surely split my ears shouldi ever have fire without ear pro. (45k psi! And it sounds like it) The best ones, the 100 and 115 gr Gold Dots, aren't available and stuck in the chambers anyway.

So if I carry mine it has .32 mags in it. .32 mag from a snub is .380 performance. Best bet is a solid 100 gr bullet at 1000 fps. Any hollow point that expands will underpenatrate. Meh.

Wife loves hers. Great gun for a non-enthusiest to get good with. (And she is) Great gun for a person with strength / pain issues, too. .32 S&W Long ammo plus a mild DA trigger = easy, fun practice. .32 Long and Mag are easy and kinda fun to reload, too.

I'm willing to make my own .327 carry ammo, but nobody has sold brass in a long time. .327 fed mag is extremely unpopular.
    Last edited by Ron3; 04-07-23 at 09:18.