Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: RMR 69 gr OTMs

Feedback Score

RMR 69 gr OTMs

Here are target photos. Targets shot from bench at 50 yards. 10 shot groups unless otherwise noted:

Pic 1. left side targets shot with BCM upper w/Burris on 6X. Right side pics with DDV2 w/Aimpoint Pro (and old ass eyes!)

Top targets: Russian Steel 55 FMJ
    Mid targets: Fiocci 55 Gr SP (8 each)
    Bottom targets: RMR 75gr over 24.5 VV N140, mixed unsized brass

Pic 2: both middle target shot with BCM upper gun w/Burris 6X scope and RMR 75 gr. 10 round groups.

So from here…

I’m good with these RMR 75 grain rounds and the load. I will load out a couple thousand for use and to replace the M855 I have sitting in some pre-loaded mags.

I never had a nice AR trigger…wow! Getting another CMC. If I had that trigger on my BCM with the scope, I am convinced the groups would have been even better..with a factory duty grade 16” barrel.

I also really like that DD grip for put on the DD. Gonna get one for the SOLGW lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 05-08-24 at 22:11.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Man the Russians make some bad bullets. I remember subbing components into Herters steel cased ammo. And everything about the ammo was good except the shitty bullets. I could sub in a 69 gr OTM in place of the 62 gr bullet, and have nice ammo.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Man the Russians make some bad bullets. I remember subbing components into Herters steel cased ammo. And everything about the ammo was good except the shitty bullets. I could sub in a 69 gr OTM in place of the 62 gr bullet, and have nice ammo.
    I can’t complain…my neighbor gave me 4,000 rounds of the stuff when he moved back to CA. Shoots good enough to get started sighting in…and for short range matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    I can’t complain…my neighbor gave me 4,000 rounds of the stuff when he moved back to CA. Shoots good enough to get started sighting in…and for short range matches.
    For sure. People always bashed the Russian ammo as cheap junk, but when I tore it down and weighed charges and stuff, it was pretty good quality. The bullet was the weakest part.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031