Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
To flip that around Dutch, I might ask whether non-public sector workers face a similarly- or greater-challenging force in the market.
And to the point that I think Stick was making, we’re looking at combining the purpose (fighting for monetary and other advantages for their customers) of unions with the power of the state to force us as taxpayers to comply with union demands.
I’m speaking a little out of turn, as public sector unions are not my area. But I think my general point is fair.
Here is where my management bias shines through. If you're workforce isn't happy, your customers will never be either. That means it behooves us in management to build teams that maybe not love, but don't hate coming to work every day. If you do that, you'll never be subjected to a unionization drive. If you don't, you deserve what you get. This needs to come from the top down. So if we as managers do our jobs right then no. I don't feel that those in the private sector should face those same challenges. And especially when dealing with skilled / professional labor.